Trying recipes for the first time can be a really awful game of trial and error. We’ve rounded up over 40 of our favorite vegan recipes and broken them down by meal! Do you have any favorites? Comment below!
If you’re a smoothie or oatmeal person already, breakfast may be an easy swap. If you’re coming from the land of bacon and eggs, it might be a different story. Here are some ideas to get you through the most important meal of the day.
- Smoothie – an easy way to get in some extra fruits and veggies in the morning. Add food scraps like broccoli and cauliflower stems, zucchini, oat pulp, frozen greens etc for a more filling breakfast.
- Cereal – check the ingredients for animal products keeping a close eye out for “Vitamin D” as it’s often derived from lanolin, an oil found in sheep’s wool. Swap out your milk for a non-dairy version and you’ve got yourself a vegan breakfast. We love to make our own oat milk, it’s WAY cheaper to DIY!
- Granola – This 9 ingredient granola is great as a cereal, snack, or as a topping for your oatmeal!
- Oatmeal – the options are endless and you’re bound to find lots of tasty recipes online. We like to keep it simple by cooking our oats in water at a 1:2 ratio. Throw in some chia and flax seeds for some healthy fats, add some berries for a little something sweet, and top with whatever you’re feeling that day.
- Overnight Oats – to be totally honest, I’m not a huge overnight oats fan but I know they’re a big time saver in the morning! Here are a few recipes that look delicious PB&J Overnight Oats, Vegan Nutella Overnight Oats, and these Blue Berry and Almond Overnight Oats.
- Bagels & Vegan Butter/Cream Cheese – there are a lot of great vegan butter and cream cheeses out there these days! If you have time, try to make your own!
- Hummus/Avocado Toast – Top with a variety of spices, hot sauce, hemp seeds, nutritional yeast, maybe some sauerkraut for an easy, delicious breakfast.
- Tempeh Bacon – for those mornings when you have a little more time!
- Aunt Jemima “Original” Pancakes – are vegan! Just use plant-based milk and a flax egg.
- French Toast – my grandma used to make the BEST french toast with almost stale Italian bread. This is the first recipe I’ve found that really crisps up the way that traditional french toast does.
LUNCH AND DINNER
I’m combining these because MOST of my lunches are leftovers from the night before. That being said, there are a few delicious sandwiches in here that would be great on the go!
- BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches – so good, so flavorful, so easy. If we’re doing a lot of cooking for an event, we’ll just throw these in the slow cooker! It’s a very hands-off recipe if you want it to be.
- Tofu That Doesn’t Suck – pair this with a green and a grain for a full meal.
- Slow Cooker Lentil and Brown Rice Tacos – I’m all about a good slow cooker recipe! This filling is great in tacos, burritos, bowls, salads, or on nachos.
- Wild Rice & Mushroom Burgers – these burgers are INCREDIBLE! They’re hearty, don’t fall apart, and freeze well!
- Pumpkin Risotto – for those of you that love a PSL…
- One-Pot Creamy Rosé Pasta – most pasta is naturally vegan, but if you want to kick it up a notch check out this recipe!
- Jambalaya – if you’re looking for a veg heavy dish that freezes well, this is it. Add some Beyond Meat sausage to make it a hearty meal.
- Broccoli Dal – this is a STAPLE in our diet. We make it at least once a week. It’s delicious and freezes well!
- BBQ Chickpea Cous Cous – this is such an odd arrangement of flavors and ingredients, but it tastes delicious and is super quick to cook up!
- Caribbean Rice and Beans – this is one of my favorite meals when I’m not feeling well. It’s warm, creamy, delicious, and the jalapeno is just strong enough to clear my sinuses.
- Chinese Take-Out Style Tofu and Broccoli – if you have an Instant Pot you’ll need this recipe for nights when you’re craving take-out!
- Amy’s Copy Cat Lentil Vegetable Soup – this tends to be our “clean out the fridge” meal. It’s a hearty and delicious soup that you can throw in the crockpot. Blend your tomatoes with any leftover greens for some added nourishment.
- Butternut Squash Soup – I often find that soups without some sort of grain or legume aren’t filling enough for me but this one does the trick!
- Stuffed and Sauced Sweet Potatoes – probably one of the most delicious recipes I’ve ever had. The sauce itself is an incredible mix of flavors. It was so good that my picky brother took all the leftovers back to school with him after a family gathering!
- Brussels Sprout Fried Rice – I love brussels sprouts and I love fried rice, the fact that someone decided to combine them into this delicious recipe just a treat.
- Sweet Potato Chili – don’t skimp on the orange zest!
Everyone has to have those recipes in their back pocket that they can pull out for parties and gatherings. These are them!
- Carrots in a Blanket – so cute and so delicious. Perfect for anything from the Super Bowl to New Year’s Eve!
- Buffalo Chickpea Dip – as a recovering buffalo chicken dip addict, I can confirm that this is just as good, if not better!
- Pizza Bagels – these are so easy to throw together on a big sheet pan! Full-sized bagels topped with sauce and vegan cheese!
- BBQ Pulled Jackfruit Sandwiches – so good that I had to include them here too!
SIDES AND MISC
- Hummus – every vegan needs a good hummus recipe in their back pocket.
- Vegan Feta – use to top pastas, soup, toast, anything that needs a tangy, cheesy vibe.
- Corn Bread – the easiest cornbread ever!
- Mug Cake – for those nights when you need something sweet but don’t want to turn the oven on.